Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bots Are Coming!

Having been the victim of a number of trojan, malware and adware infiltrations, this item interests me deeply. So deeply that I have to fight the urge to scream bloody murder at the tops of my lungs. That's how frustrating these things are to me.

The idea that there are people out there who do this for fun is one thing. The concept of doing it for profit is beyond my comprehension. How is it that companies that use malware and adware are still in business and not in court? The owners of these businesses should be in prison.

The latest threat to the Net: autonomous software programs that combine forces to perpetrate mayhem, fraud, and espionage on a global scale. How one company fought the new Internet mafia – and lost.

By Scott Berinato, Wired

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home